We are four independent bookstores and newsstands operating in the Rocky Mountain West. You can find us at BestHometownNews.com:
Our stores have been called "treasures" by our customers and visitors, and we're proud to be part of the communities where we live, work, pay taxes, shop, and raise our children. We support our communities just as they support us.
Please visit the individual web pages for these wonderful stores and see what they have to offer; we think you will be pleased and surprised! Many of our stores have a cafe/coffeebar, bestselling books, an impressive selection of magazines and newspapers, gifts, greeting cards, regional maps and unique local items, as well as many other products.
And now you can order books and e-books from our store sites and support your community even more by buying online!
Why Shop at Your Independent Hometown Retailer?
When you shop at an independently owned business, your entire community benefits:
- Spend $100 at a local and $68 of that stays in your community.
Spend the same $100 at a national chain, and your community only sees $43.
- Local businesses create higher-paying jobs for our neighbors.
- More of your taxes are reinvested in your community--where they belong.
- Buying local means less packaging, less transportation, and a smaller carbon footprint.
- Shopping in a local business district means less infrastructure, less maintenance,
and more money to beautify your community.
- Local retailers are your friends and neighbors—support them and they’ll support you.
- Local businesses donate to charities at more than twice the rate of national chains.
- More independents means more choice, more diversity, and a truly unique community.
Visit Our Stores!
So visit these wonderful stores in person and on these web pages, buy books and e-books from us online, and support your community by buying locally!